Travel to one of the Morocco full of life cities. Get into the Grand Soak and La Medina and taste the most delicious Tangier cuisine
After being picked up from your hotel or meeting point, we will start our coach journey from the Costa del Sol to Tarifa. We will board the Fast Ferry from the Tarifa Port and cruise across the Strait of Gibraltar. Once we have arrived in Tangier, we will start a walking tour around the little souk to find a large range of Mediterranean fruits and vegetables, spices, dried fruits, etc. We will also visit the jewelers’ street where we will be given a full explanation of the Moroccan wedding ritual. Then the group will explore the Medina (old town) and the Kasbah (old fortress) to discover its rich architecture. Afterwards, we will take a break to see the snake charmers and to taste some fresh bread at one of the lovely local bakeries. Then we will enjoy a traditional lunch offered in a typical Moroccan restaurant.
Later on, we will be guided to the Bazaar where you will be informed about the different types of carpets as well as local handicraft. After that, the group will enjoy a bus sightseeing tour along the promenade seafront, Avenue Mohamed V, Severo Ochoa Institute, the Portuguese, American, Italian and Spanish Quarters and the Royal Palace. On the way to the Atlantic coast we will visit at the Punico Roman Necropolis where you can enjoy some of the best views of the Strait of Gibraltar and see the tombs dating back to the Roman times.
After a short stop at Cape Spartel where the waters of the Mediterranean and the Atlantic meet, we will enjoy a traditional green tea with mint as we are taught about the mint tea rituals. We will continue to the Caves of Hercules (from June to 31st October if weather permitting) and stop at an Atlantic dune to take pictures and ride the camels (optional). Finally, we will pass through the rich area of the city before we get back to the Port of Tarifa.
* The meeting point for this tour is Avenida de Andalucía n/n. Bus Stop nº 11, in front of Caixa Bank.
* Print your voucher and give it to your guide.
* Please contact Julià Travel Gray Line 48 hours prior to your tour departure date to re-confirm your booking and pick-up point details.
* Julià Travel Gray Line contact: 0034 952 10 59 96 / firstname.lastname@example.org
* Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 48 hours or less prior to travel date or in case of no-show