In this full day excursion you will start by visiting the Cathedral of Toledo, followed by the Church of Santo Tomé, the Synagogue of Santa María la Blanca, the Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes and the Mosque of El Cristo de la Luz. Once the visits are over, you will enjoy a demonstration of the famous Damasquinados technique. The tour will end with a panoramic visit of the city of Toledo with a stop at a viewpoint to take the best pictures of the city. In addition, if you wish, you will be able to enjoy a pleasant lunch to choose between three gastronomic options
Discover the “City of the Three Cultures”
Located 70 km away from Madrid is Toledo, a beautiful city-museum declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO. It is one of the oldest towns in Europe and has a great artistic beauty and buildings from almost all periods in history (Arabian, Gothic, Mudéjar, Renaissance and Baroque style). Toledo is called the “City of the Three Cultures”, since Christians, Muslims and Jews lived together. In the XVI century, it was also home to the great painter El Greco.
Including the visit to the Cathedral of Toledo. Its architecture shows all the stages of Spanish Gothic, and the inside of the building contains a large number of artworks (stained glasses, choir, main chapel, altarpieces, El Greco paintings, etc.). You will also visit the Church of St. Tomé with El Entierro del Conde de Orgaz, masterpiece of El Greco; the Synagogue of Santa María la Blanca; the Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes and the Mosque of El Cristo de la Luz; and at the end of the tour, we will enjoy learning about the famous technique of damascene* (incrustation of precious metals in steel) and the forge of the steel of Toledo for making swords after this master class you have free time to buy something if you want. The tour will end with a Panoramic Sightseeing of Toledo and stop at a viewpoint with breathtaking views of the city for taking the best pictures of Toledo.
(*) The damascene is an ancient handcrafted art that consists of the incrustation of precious metals in steel.
There is 3 lunch different options for this tour:
* This tour starts from Julià Travel Gray Line Spain office at Calle San Nicolás, 15 (corner Plaza Ramales) and ends at Plaza de España.
* Print your voucher and give it to your guide when staring the tour. E-voucher accepted.
* Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
* Failure to show up at the established check-in time may entail losing the tour.
* Julià Travel Gray Line Spain contact: 0034 91 559 9605 / [email protected]
* Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel date or in case of no-show