Check in at our office in central Madrid at least 15 minutes in advance of your tour. Leave the city towards Toledo aboard one of our air-conditioned coaches.
Relax and enjoy the scenery on the way to the city. Follow your local guide on a walking tour of the Historic City of Toledo, World Heritage City since 1986. Once Spain’s capital, it is a perfect mix of Arab, Jewish and Christian cultures. Learn about its fantastic heritage and see how the coexistence of cultures through the centuries influenced its current architectural style.
Stroll amid the courtyard cloisters and royal coats of arms at the San Juan de los Reyes Monastery. Admire the building sponsored by Queen Elizabeth from Castilla to become a royal mausoleum, the most important construction built by the Catholic Monarchs. Right after the visit we will walk to the Synagogue of Sta. Maria la Blanca. Originally built as a synagogue, it was expropriated and became a Church only 211 years after it opened its doors. Today, it is a fantastic museum of Mudejar (Arabic) style that you will visit. Admire the world famous painting of by el Greco – The Burial of the Count of Orgaz – at the Church of St. Tomé. Did you know el Greco himself lived in this beautiful city?
The walking tour will continue until we reach the Cathedral, considered of the most important Gothic Cathedrals in Spain. You will see it from the outside before the guided tour finishes. Then, you will have free time to explore Toledo on your own before returning to Madrid.
Check in again at our office in central Madrid at least 15 minutes in advance of your tour. Leave the city towards Aranjuez aboard one of our air-conditioned coaches.
Discover one of the Royal Sites 46km south of Madrid, on the magnificent valley of the Tagus River. Famous for its Royal Palace, the site also has incredible gardens not to be missed. So much so that UNESCO declared Aranjuez Cultural Landscape a World Heritage Site in 2001.
The Royal Palace has a mix of decorative styles, clearly exposed at the China Porcelain Chamber and at the Throne Room of Elizabeth II. See the Prince’s, the Island and the Parterre Gardens; characterized by a great variety of vegetation and tree species. Visit the Royal Borges Museum built in 1963 and see the collection of ancient boats used by the royal families to navigate the Tagus River.
* This tour starts from Julià Travel Gray Line Spain office at Calle San Nicolás, nº 15 (corner Plaza Ramales) and ends at Plaza Oriente.
* Please print your voucher and give it to your guide. E-voucher accepted.
* Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
* Failure to show up at the established check-in time may entail losing the tour.
* Julià Travel reserves the right to modify or cancel the tour itinerary without prior notice due to force majeure reasons.
* The second part of the tour starts at 3.00PM, please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before.
* Julià Travel Gray Line Spain contact: 0034 91 559 9605 / [email protected]
* Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel date or in case of no-show