Check in at our office in central Madrid at least 15 minutes in advance of your tour. Leave the city towards Toledo aboard one of our air-conditioned coaches.
Relax and enjoy the scenery on the way to the city. Follow your local guide on a walking tour of the Historic City of Toledo, World Heritage City since 1986. Once Spain’s capital, it is a perfect mix of Arab, Jewish and Christian cultures. Learn about its fantastic heritage and see how the coexistence of cultures through the centuries influenced its current architectural style.
Stroll amid the courtyard cloisters and royal coats of arms at the San Juan de los Reyes Monastery. Admire the building sponsored by Queen Elizabeth from Castilla to become a royal mausoleum, the most important construction built by the Catholic Monarchs. Walk to the Synagogue of Sta. Maria la Blanca and learn about its fascinating history. Today, it is a fantastic museum of Mudejar (Arabic) style that you will visit. Admire the world famous painting of by el Greco – The Burial of the Count of Orgaz – at the Church of St. Tomé. Did you know el Greco himself lived in this beautiful city?
The walking tour will continue until we reach the Cathedral, considered of the most important Gothic Cathedrals in Spain. You will see it from the outside before the guided tour finishes. Then, you will have free time to explore Toledo on your own before returning to Madrid.
* This tour starts from Julià Travel Gray Line Spain office at Calle San Nicolás, nº 15 (corner Plaza Ramales) and ends at Plaza de España.
* Print your voucher and give it to your guide when staring the tour. E-voucher accepted
* Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
* Failure to show up at the established check-in time may entail losing the tour.
* Julià Travel Gray Line Spain contact: 0034 91 559 9605 / [email protected]
* Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel date or in case of no-show