Take a full day tour to the imperial city of Toledo, one of the oldest cities in Europe and home to some of the most famous works of El Greco. And do it with an exclusive group of maximum 20 passengers
Enjoy a very entertaining day visiting Toledo.
The first stop in our tour will be atthe beautiful city- museum of Toledo, located 70 km away from Madrid, and declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO. It is one of the oldest towns in Europe and has a great artistic beauty and buildings from almost all periods in history (Arabian, Gothic, Mudejar, Renaissance and Baroque style).
Toledo is called the “City of the Three Cultures”, since Christians, Muslims and Jews lived together. In the XVI century, it was also the place of residence of the great painter El Greco.
During our tour in Toledo we will visit the Mosque of El Cristo de la Luz, the old Bib-al-Mardum Mosque or Valmardón Mosque ended in 1186 and true reflection of Caliphic architecture, the inside of the Cathedral, with its architecture that shows all the stages of Spanish Gothic and the rich artworks the building houses (stained glasses, choir, main chapel, altarpieces, El Greco paintings, etc.).
We will continue our itinerary visiting the Church of Saint Tomé where you will see "El Entierro del señor de Orgaz", masterpiece of El Greco and will follow with the Synagogue of Santa María la Blanca.
We will also learn the famous technique of damascene (incrustation of precious metals in steel) and will finish with a panoramic view of Toledo.
After your morning in Toledo, we will leave around 2.30pm back to Madrid with and stop at Bargas, home to the "Finca Loranque" where we will visit its wine cellars and where you will get the chance to try some of their wines.
* This tour starts from Julià Travel Gray Line Spain office at Calle San Nicolás, nº 15 (corner Plaza Ramales) and ends at Plaza Oriente.
* You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
* Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
* Julià Travel Gray Line Spain contact: 34 91 599 96 05 / email@example.com
* Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 72 hours or less prior to travel date or in case of no-show