Royal Palace: Skip the lines and dive right into the history of this beautiful palace. Did you know its size doubles the one of Buckingham Palace? Build in an Italian baroque style, it was the former residence of the Spanish Monarchy from 1766 to 1931. Nowadays, it still is a great example of the establishment of Madrid as the capital of the kingdom.
Today, it holds the most important receptions of the Spanish Crown. Know the audiences, dinner parties and signature of agreements celebrated through the years. Walk around the Armory Square. Marvel at the beautiful tapestries and elegant furniture. Follow your guide through the Grand Staircase, the Throne Room and the Banqueting Hall, among others. Once the guided tour finishes, board your bus to go to the Prado Museum.
Prado Museum: Follow your guide through the Museum on a visit of the most important paintings. Admire great European artworks by el Bosco, el Greco, Velazquez, Goya and Rubens. Discover the aim of the original building and why it changed to hold one of the most important art galleries in the world. The current exhibition holds more than 1.000 paintings of four different centuries.
Given that for a first time visitor this can be overwhelming, let your guide show you around the site and learn about some of the most important works and its backstories. Did you know the royal collection represents the museum’s foundation? After the guided tour board a bus to go to the Prado Museum.
Please note: some of the paintings might not be available despite belonging to the permanent collection for reasons out of our control. In those cases, the itinerary will be modified to comprise another painting with similar artistic value and significance.
* This tour starts from Julia Travel Office, San Nicolás Street, 15 (next to Ramales Square)
* You can present either an electronic voucher or a printed voucher.
* Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
* Failure to show up at the established check-in time may entail losing the tour
* Julià Travel reserves the right to cancel the tour or modify the itinerary due to events being held at the locations, due to operational reasons of force majeure reasons.
* Julià Travel Gray Line Spain contact: 0034 91 559 9605 / [email protected]
* Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 72 hours or less prior to travel date or in case of no-show