Check in at our office in central Madrid 15 minutes in advance of your tour. Leave the city aboard one of our comfortable air-conditioned coaches.
Enjoy a guided tour through the Royal Monastery of El Escorial, an architectural ensemble declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Built in the 15th century, it is a symbol of the power of the government at the time. Learn about the impressive Royal Mausoleum it contains and the story behind the 21 years it took to build the site. Of Renaissance style, you will marvel at the building symmetry. Listen to your guide explanations as you walk along the site visiting the Habsburg’s Palace, the Chapter House, the Basilica and the remarkable library.
Board your bus again at the end of the guided tour for a short drive to the Valley of the Fallen. The site is located 9km away from El Escorial, in Sierra de Guadarrama. You will be able to see it from far away thanks to the monumental cross built above the site. The monument is an underground church built into the mountain. The same is topped by the World’s Largest Cross, which can be seen from miles away.
Check in at our office in central Madrid at least 15 minutes in advance of your tour. Leave the city towards Aranjuez aboard one of our air-conditioned coaches.
Discover one of the Royal Sites 46km south of Madrid, on the magnificent valley of the Tagus River. Famous for its Royal Palace, the site also has incredible gardens not to be missed. So much so that UNESCO declared Aranjuez Cultural Landscape a World Heritage Site in 2001.
The Royal Palace has a mix of decorative styles, clearly exposed at the China Porcelain Chamber and at the Throne Room of Elizabeth II. See the Prince’s, the Island and the Parterre Gardens; characterized by a great variety of vegetation and tree species. Visit the Royal Borges Museum built in 1963 and see the collection of ancient boats used by the royal families to navigate the Tagus River.
* This tour starts from Julià Travel Gray Line Spain office at Calle San Nicolás, nº 15 (corner Plaza Ramales) and ends at Plaza Oriente.
* You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
* Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
* Failure to show up at the established check-in time may entail losing the tour.
* Julià Travel reserves the right to modify or cancel the tour itinerary due to events celebrated in the city or force majeure operational reasons without prior notice.
* The second part of the tour starts at 3.00PM, please be at meeting point 15 minutes before.
* Julià Travel Gray Line Spain contact: 0034 91 559 9605 / [email protected]
* Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel date or in case of no-show