Discover the Royal past life of El Escorial and learn part of the recent Spanish history at the Valley of the Fallen. A unique and unforgettable day.
In this tour we will visit the Royal Monastery of El Escorial, an architectural ensemble declared a World Heritage Site, and the Valley of the Fallen, a basilica that stands out for its gigantic size.
Royal Monastery of El Escorial:
We will start our visit at El Escorial, a symbol of the Spanish power in the XVI century that commemorates the battle of St. Quentin. It is also a mausoleum for Charles V. Due to the symmetry and balance of its construction, according to the humanist Renaissance style, for years it had been considered the eighth wonder of the world. The visit includes the Habsburg Palace, the Kings and Princes Mausoleum, the Chapter House and the Basilica.
Basilica of the Valley of the Fallen:
Located 9 km away from El Escorial, this enormous monument was built between 1940 and 1959 to honour the fallen during the Spanish Civil War. The basilica is carved into the mountain at 1350 metres of altitude, where an impressive 150 metres high cross places itself over the magnificent nature reserve of Madrid mountain range.
* This tour starts from Julià Travel Gray Line Spain office at Calle San Nicolás, 15 (corner Plaza Ramales) and ends at Plaza de Oriente.
* Print your voucher and give it to your guide when staring the tour. E-voucher accepted.
* Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
* Julià Travel Gray Line Spain contact: 0034 91 559 9605 / firstname.lastname@example.org
* Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel date or in case of no-show