Check in at our office and board one of our air conditioned coaches for a journey through the city. Do not forget to bring your camera or Smartphone!
Leave Plaza de Oriente and head to the magnificent Puerta de Toledo. Did you know its construction dates back from the Napoleonic era? See the oldest bridge in Madrid and drive next to the Manzanares River, from where you will have great views of the Royal Palace and the Almudena Cathedral. Pass by Plaza Mayor, once the center of Old Madrid and now the oldest square in the city. First build during the Habsburg period, it was the hearth of Madrid at the time. Spot significant sights such as the Puerta de Sol on our way to Paseo del Prado. Marvel at the most artistic street in the city and look at the Prado Museum.
Drive by Cibeles Fountain, where Real Madrid fans celebrate the team victories. Do not miss Puerta de Alcalá, the most famous of the five ancient gates into the city. You will make a stop for pictures at Las Ventas bullring and your guide will share some insights on the same. The last sights you will see on the first part of the tour are the Santiago Bernabéu stadium and the important streets of Paseo de la Castellana and Gran Vía, well-known as the Broadway of Madrid.
But no trip to Madrid would be completed without a visit to the Royal Palace. Thus, a local guide will pick you up from our office for a guided visit to the same.
Skip the lines and dive right into the history of this beautiful palace. Did you know its size doubles the one of Buckingham Palace? Build in an Italian baroque style, it was the former residence of the Spanish Monarchy from 1766 to 1931. Nowadays, it still is a great example of the establishment of Madrid as the capital of the kingdom.
Today, it holds the most important receptions of the Spanish Crown. Know the audiences, dinner parties and signature of agreements celebrated through the years. Walk around the Armory Square. Marvel at the beautiful tapestries and elegant furniture. Follow your guide through the Grand Staircase, the Throne Room and the Banqueting Hall, among others.
Once your guided visit finishes, you can stay inside the Palace and go to the Royal Armory on your own. Make sure not to miss the views from the viewpoint of the Armory square!
* This tour starts from Julià Travel Gray Line Spain office at Calle San Nicolás, 15 (corner Plaza Ramales) and ends at the Royal Palace.
* Print your voucher and give it to your guide when staring the tour. E-voucher accepted.
* Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
* Julià Travel reserves the right to modify or cancel the tour itinerary due to events celebrated in the city or in the Royal Palace and due to force majeure operational reasons without prior notice.
* Failure to show up at the established check-in time may entail losing the tour.
* Julià Travel Gray Line Spain contact: 0034 91 559 9605 / [email protected]
* Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel date or in case of no-show