Stroll through Madrid Old Town. Discover some of its most important buildings of Renaissance and Baroque style. This area is known as the Habsburgs' Madrid because of the dynasty that reigned in Spain until 1700.
Charles I was the first king of the era and enriched the city with palaces and museums you will discover today. The city grew dramatically during the period and became the capital of Spain. Follow your guide on this walking tour and immerse yourself in the city history. See important sights such as Mayor Street, the beautiful Plaza de la Villa, Plaza de Oriente and surrounding areas. Learn about the representative Renaissance and Baroque styles. Stop at a café of this popular quarter of Madrid and enjoy a break courtesy of Julià Travel.
Skip the lines and dive right into the history of the beautiful Royal Palace. Did you know its size doubles the one of Buckingham Palace? Build in an Italian baroque style, it was the former residence of the Spanish Monarchy from 1766 to 1931. Nowadays, it still is a great example of the establishment of Madrid as the capital of the kingdom.
Today, it holds the most important receptions of the Spanish Crown. Know the audiences, dinner parties and signature of agreements celebrated through the years. Walk around the Armory Square. Marvel at the beautiful tapestries and elegant furniture. Follow your guide through the Grand Staircase, the Throne Room and the Banqueting Hall, among others.
Once your guided visit finishes, you can visit the Royal Armory on your own. Make sure not to miss the views from the viewpoint of the Armory square!
* This tour starts from Julià Travel Gray Line Spain office at Calle San Nicolás, nº 15 (corner Plaza Ramales) and ends at Royal Palace.
* Print your voucher and give it to your guide. E-voucher accepted.
* Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
* Failure to show up at the established check-in time may entail losing the tour.
* Julià Travel reserves the right to modify or cancel the tour itinerary without prior notice due to force majeure reasons.
* Julià Travel Gray Line Spain contact: 0034 91 559 9605 / [email protected]
* Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel date or in case of no-show