Enjoy a half-day excursion visiting the most emblematic and representative buildings of the Renaissance and Baroque of Madrid. During the tour, we will stop at a Café of this popular area of Madrid, where you will enjoy a break courtesy of Julià Travel. Then we’ll head to the Royal Palace, with preferential access will visit the Armory Square, the Grand Staircase, the Apartments of the Kings, the Banqueting Hall, the Royal Chapel and the Throne and Crown Rooms. After the guided tour, you may visit on your own the Royal Armory and enjoy the views from the viewpoint of the Armory Square
Discover in this walking tour the most emblematic buildings from the Renaissance and Baroque period of Madrid.
Habsburg is the name given to Madrid when the Habsburg dynasty reigned in Spain. This reign began with Charles I, who enriched the city with palaces and monuments. Later on, Philip II made it the capital of Spain and the city grew dramatically.
The journey through the Renaissance and Baroque style buildings of this era is perhaps one of the most picturesque and representative of Madrid.
During the tour, we will stop at one of the most emblematic Cafés of this popular area of Madrid, where you will be offered a drink.
The Royal Palace was built in the XVIII century upon the ancient fortress of the Habsburg, built on Baroque Italian style. It is one of the most beautiful and best preserved palaces in Europe and a symbol of the permanence and consolidation of Madrid as the capital of the Kingdom. The Palace was the official residence of the Spanish Monarchy from 1765 to 1931. To date, the most stunning receptions of the Spanish Crown are celebrated here: audiences, dinner parties, signature of agreements and the traditional ceremony of presentation of Credential Letters from foreign ambassadors to His Majesty the King.
* This tour starts from Julià Travel Gray Line Spain office at Calle San Nicolás, nº 15 (corner Plaza Ramales) and ends at Royal Palace.
* Print your voucher and give it to your guide. E-voucher accepted.
* Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
* Julià Travel Gray Line Spain contact: 0034 91 559 9605 / firstname.lastname@example.org
* Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel date or in case of no-show