Experience the true flamenco art at the Corral de la Morería. Inaugurated in 1956 by Manuel del Rey today it is the most well-known tablao flamenco in the world. Throughout its history, Corral de la Morería flamenco show has witnessed the performance of some of the finest professionals of this discipline, including: Pastora Imperio, La Chunga, María Albaicín, El Güito, Mario Maya, Manuela Vargas, Lucero Tena, Isabel Pantoja, Antonio Gades and Blanca del Rey, not to mention an endless number of singers, guitarists and dancers.
Its location is privileged, as it is in the center of Madrid - next to the Royal Palace, in the main historic quarter of the city. Arabic corbels and streetlamps dating from the 18th and 19th centuries take you back in time and recreate a reminiscent setting of the original tablaos. Considered the "Cathedral of Flamenco Art" in Spain, the establishment is frequented by well-known celebrities visiting Madrid. Therefore, do not be surprised should you find yourself seated by the King of Spain, Government Presidents or famous international artists.
The show lasts for 1 hour and a half and it is composed by 9 artists: two leading male flamenco dancers, a leading female flamenco dancer, a female flamenco singer, three male singers and two guitarists. The show has been designed and choreographed by our artistic director Blanca del Rey, winner of the National Flamenco Award.
You will be able to choose between the following options (menus can vary without prior notice):
- Show with drink:
- a glass of wine, Sangria or Refreshment or alcoholic beverages (not imported brands).
- Show and Dinner (MORERIA MENU):
- First dish: Roasted Vine Tomato Stuffed with Baby Squid Accompanied by Squid Ink Risotto Topped with Idiazábal Cheese or Coca (Puff Pastry Base Filled) with Escalibada (Roast Aubergine, Onion and Pepper) and Goats Cheese with a Rosemary Flavoured Romesco Sauce
- Second dish: Salmon with Citrus Sauces and Vegetables (You can choose “Sous-Vide” cooking (very succulent) or baked (Traditional)) or Free Range Chicken with Parmentier and Port Sauce
- A dessert: Five Textures of Chocolate
- Drinks: “Selection Corral de la Morería” wine (1/2 bottle per person), Mineral Water
- Show and Gourmet Dinner (GOURMET MENU):
- First dish: “Huerto Cordobés” Seasonal soft Vegetables and a “Salmorejo” Dip (a traditional Creamed tomato dip from the Andalusian City of Cordoba)
- Second dish: Creamy Chestnut Soup with Stewed Pheasant and Foie Gras Ravioli
- Third dish: Cod Loin in a Smoky Autumn Vegetable Sauce or Roasted Wild Sea Bass on Truffled Spring Onions, Grapefruit and Fried Caper Emulsion
- Fourth dish: Pigeon in Two Cooking Styles with Soft Buckwheat Risotto or Rack of Pré-Salé Lamb with Pumpkin Puree and Rustic Potatoes (Seashore grazed Lamb, a more elegant and tender meat, we recommend eating “medium rare”)
- Dessert: Caramelised French Toast Made with Fresh Milk and Served with Banana Ice Cream (Brioche or brioche bread soaked in fresh milk, caramelised and accompanied by banana ice cream)
- Drink: “Selection Corral de la Morería” wine (1/2 bottle per person) Red Wine D.O.Ca. Rioja or White Wine D.O. Rueda, Mineral Water