Enjoy an extraordinary day in the homeland of Don Quixote, Belmonte, Mota del Cuervo and the village of El Toboso, where Miguel de Cervantes was inspired to write one of the most famous novels of all times: “The Ingenious Don Quixote de la Mancha”. In this excursion you will visit the Castle of Belmonte, the Saint Bartholomew’s Colegiata and the House-Museum of Dulcinea del Toboso. Those who have chosen the tour option with wine tasting will go to MontReaga Winery where they can enjoy a guided tour and a tasting of their best wines. The tour includes lunch at a typical Mesón
Discover La Mancha, homeland of Don Quixote, Belmonte, Mota Del Cuervo and the village of El Toboso, where according to recent research Miguel de Cervantes was inspired by some of its neighbors to write the most famous novel of all times, “The Ingenious Hidalgo Don Quixote de la Mancha”. We will visit the Castle of Belmonte (completely restored) and will know how was the life of a medieval knight, heroes of the stories that made Don Quixote go mad.
People with “wine tasting” tour option will go to Monreal del Llano, where after a guided tour in the winery MontReaga, will enjoy a tasting of their best wines. The rest of the group will remain in Belmonte for the visit of Saint Bartholomew’s Colegiata, which houses the most ancient wooden choirstalls in Spain.
We will have lunch at a typical inn –“mesón”- at Mota del Cuervo. After lunchtime we will visit its famous windmills, who witnessed the battle of Don Quixote against the Giants of his imagination. In there is wind enough, we will see how the flour was traditionally made –“molienda”- from the wheat.
The tour will end at El Toboso, the village of Dulcinea, Don Quixote’s love interest. The House-Museum of Dulcinea Del Toboso faithfully replicates the home of a knight in times of Cervantes, as it would have been the house of Don Alonso Quijano “El Quixote”.
From El Toboso we will return to Madrid, saying good-bye to an extraordinary journey in La Mancha, the land of Don Quixote.
* This tour starts from Julià Travel Gray Line Spain office at Calle San Nicolás, 15 (corner Plaza Ramales)
* Print your voucher and give it to your guide. E-voucher accepted
* Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
* Failure to show up at the established check-in time may entail losing the tour.
* Julià Travel Gray Line Spain contact: 0034 91 559 96 05 / [email protected]
* Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel date or in case of no-show