Discover La Mancha, the land of Don Quixote, Belmonte, Mota del Cuervo and the town of El Toboso, where Miguel de Cervantes was inspired to write Don Quixote de la Mancha
Discover La Mancha, homeland of Don Quixote, Belmonte, Mota Del Cuervo and the village of El Toboso, where according to recent research Miguel de Cervantes was inspired for some of its neighbors to write the most famous novel of all time, “The Ingenious Hidalgo Don Quixote de la Mancha”. We will visit the Castle of Belmonte, completely restored and will know how the life of a mediaeval knight was, the heroes of the stories that did Don Quixote went mad.
La Mancha is a land of great wines. We will make a stop along the way to visit the winery MontReaga in Monreal Del Llano. After a guided tour, we will enjoy a tasting of their best wines.
We will have lunch at a typical inn –“mesón”- at Mota del Cuervo. After lunchtime we will visit its famous windmills, who witnessed the battle of Don Quixote against the Giants of his imagination. In there is wind enough, we will see how the flour was traditionally made –“molienda”- from the wheat.
The tour will end at El Toboso, the village of Dulcinea, the love of Don Quixote. El Toboso houses the Cervantes Museum, which keep hundreds of Don Quixote translated editions in almost all the languages in the World. And a lot of copies of the great book signed by many international personalities from different countries and eras.
The House-Museum of Dulcinea Del Toboso faithfully replicates how was the home of a knight in the times of Cervantes, as it would have been the house of Don Alonso Quijano “El Quixote”.
From El Toboso we will return to Madrid, saying good-bye to an extraordinary journey in La Mancha, the land of Don Quixote.
* This tour starts from Julià Travel Gray Line Spain office at Calle San Nicolás, 15 (corner Plaza Ramales)
* Print your voucher and give it to your guide. E-voucher accepted
* Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
* Julià Travel Gray Line Spain contact: 0034 91 559 96 05 / firstname.lastname@example.org
* Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel date or in case of no-show