Go back in time with the magic of Toledo. Discover in detail the essence of this medieval city and the three cultures that lived together in there
Discover the “City of the Three Cultures”!
Located 70 km away from Madrid is Toledo, a beautiful city-museum declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO. It is one of the oldest towns in Europe and has a great artistic beauty and buildings from almost all periods in history (Arabian, Gothic, Mudejar, Renaissance and Baroque style). Toledo is called the “City of the Three Cultures”, since Christians, Muslims and Jews lived together. In the XVI century, it was also the place of residence of the great painter El Greco.
This full-day excursion has the same itinerary as the half-day tour but in a more detailed way, including the visit to the Cathedral of Toledo, its architecture shows all the stages of Spanish Gothic, and the inside of the building contains a large number of artworks (stained glasses, choir, main chapel, altarpieces, El Greco paintings, etc.); the Church of St. Tomé with El Entierro del Conde de Orgaz, masterpiece of El Greco; the Synagogue of Santa María la Blanca; the Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes and the Mosque of El Cristo de la Luz; and at the end of the tour, we will enjoy learning about the famous technique of damascene (incrustation of precious metals in steel) and the forge of the steel of Toledo for making swords. The tour will end with a panoramic sightseeing of Toledo.
There is 3 lunch different options for this tour:
* This tour starts from Julià Travel Gray Line Spain office at Calle San Nicolás, 15 (corner Plaza Ramales) and ends at Plaza Oriente.
* Print your voucher and give it to your guide when staring the tour. E-voucher accepted.
* Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
* Julià Travel Gray Line Spain contact: 0034 91 559 9605 / firstname.lastname@example.org
* Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel date or in case of no-show