Discover the roots of the Basque Country through a visit to the Gorbea Natural Park, which still preserves the traditional manufacture of cheeses, and discover the incredible forests, full of legends, of the Urkiola natural park. In Elorrio you will enjoy its palaces and its historic quarter, contrasting with Oñati, the most elegant and monumental town that contains the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Arantzazu
Departure at 08:40hrs for half-day tour into the most traditional inner Basque Country. We will head towards the area of Durango, capital of the region with a historic medieval structure. This area is the start of the Gorbea Natural Park that still keeps flocks of sheep and traditional manufacture of cheese as one of its activities, the Urkiola natural park, with Wuthering heights, its splendid forests and legends of witches. Once past Durango, we enter the valley of Durango-Atxondo.
We will stop in Elorrio, characterized by the abundance and slenderness of its palaces and manor houses of stone and carved stonework. It is the first Historic-Artistic site of Biscay, considered officially in 1964. Among others it has 69 coats of arms of stone embedded in the walls of their mansions, the Town Hall, the Portal of Don Tello, the Argiñeta Necropolis, Temple of San Agustin de Etxebarria, etc...
Then we will arrive to Oñati, the most elegant and monumental village of the province of Gipuzkoa. After viewing some of these monuments like the oldest University of the Basque Country, we will head up a road between the cliffs to reach the most important sanctuary of
Gipuzkoa, the Shrine of Our Lady of Arantzazu, a compendium of the best contemporary Basque art, by the Franciscan order. Stop to visit and contemplate the building and magnificent views. Return at 14.00 to Bilbao.
* This tour departs from the Carlton Hotel – Plaza Federico Moyúa 2
* Print your voucher and give it to your guide when staring the tour. E-voucher accepted.
* Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
* Contact for Julià Travel Gray Line Spain: 0034 93 317 64 54 / firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please note this tour ends at the same point it started.
* Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel date or in case of no-show
Go for a walk in the magnificent Park Güell and contemplate nature and...From 25.00
Go back in time and let yourself be amazed by the Walls of Ávila and the...From 89.00