Know more about the history of Barcelona, from the Roman period to the medieval period up to the 20th century, by the famous painter Pablo Picasso
The name of Barcelona comes from the Latin language, specifically from Barcino. This was the name the romans gave to their foundation. Some remains of this primitive settlement are still visible at the Gothic Quarter, where we will take you to discover more things about the history of the city through its medieval cobbled and tortuous streets. You will learn more things about some of the most important places in the city, like les Rambles and the Cathedral.
The next part of the tour is the Born’s neighbourhood, where we will enjoy the fabulous view of Santa Maria del Mar church, built in a superb gothic stile. Between narrow streets we will find the Picasso Museum. This is the only museum that has been created whilst the painter was still alive, and it’s an interesting place to appreciate the beginning of his career. During the guided tour you will understand Picasso’s artistic evolution, always in parallel to his biography.
For those people who bought the tour without the breakfast option our visit will finish here. They are free to remain inside the building as long as they wish. For those people who bought the tour with the breakfast option we will continue our visit going to Palau de la Música Catalana, to finish we´ll take a local breakfast in Palau de la Música.
* This tour starts from Julià Travel Tours & Tickets office at: La Rambla, 54 and ends at Palau de la Música Catalana.
* Print your voucher and give it to your guide. E-voucher accepted.
* Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
* Julià Travel Gray Line Spain contact: 0034 93 317 64 54 / email@example.com
* Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel date or in case of no-show