Get to know the first house that Gaudí designed in the city of Barcelona with this exclusive visit to Casa Vicens. During this guided tour you will meet an unusual Gaudí, since this work shows oriental and Mudejar influences. However, in many of its ornamental aspects we can say that it was the beginning to what would be Modernism in Catalonia
Casa Vicens opens its doors exclusively for us. Built in the 1883-1888 this house is located in the heart of the Gràcia quarter, which at the time was an independent town from the city. During the second part of the XIX century and in the middle of the industrial growing, Barcelona lived the demolition of the medieval city walls. As a result the city began to grow up following a reticular shape named Enlargement (Eixample).
That’s the reason why the old town of Barcelona was unite to other surrounding villages, as for example Gràcia. In the middle of this busy context Gaudí developed his first important project, Casa Vicens. During this early guided tour you will discover a different Gaudí style. In fact, this house has an unusual oriental and mudéjar aroma, but in some ways was ahead of the modernism style in Catalonia. This the eighth building in the city listed World Heritage Site by the UNESCO.
* This tour starts from Julià Travel Gray Line Spain office at: Carrer de les Carolines 20, Casa Vicens, and ends at the same point.
* Print your voucher and give it to your guide. E-voucher accepted.
* Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
* Julià Travel Gray Line Spain contact: 0034 93 317 64 54 / email@example.com
* Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel date or in case of no-show