Check in at our office in central Barcelona 15 minutes before the departure time of the tour. Meet your guide.
For the first part of the activity, enjoy a walking tour of the Gothic Quarter. Stroll down one of the most important streets in the city until you reach the Cathedral of Barcelona. You will have some free time to visit the same on your own. Meet your guide again to continue the walking tour. Walk the narrow streets of the oldest part of the city and discover the many secrets it holds. Marvel at the quaint medieval places hidden to the crowds and learn about their huge historical significance. Did you know the Gothic Quarter is also the Old Jewish Quarter of Barcelona?
Follow your guide to Plaça Catalunya to board an air conditioned coach for a panoramic tour through the city. Drive through Passeig de Gràcia and admire the most popular Gaudi Houses, Casa Batlló and Casa Milà (La Pedrera). Notice some the most important modernist façades. Next, listen to your guide’s explanations as we drive near the sea. Discover the changes to the coastline of Barcelona for the Olympic Games in 1992. See the Olympic Port, the beach and the fisherman’s quarter from the bus, called Barceloneta.
Head to the Montjuïc Mountain, main scenery of the Olympic Games in 1992. See the Olympic stadium and ride the cable car for amazing views over the city. Visit the Montjuïc Castle for a guided visit of the oldest fortress in the city, today a fantastic viewpoint of Barcelona. You will be dropped off at the Hard Rock Café in Plaça Catalunya, 5 minutes walking distance from Julià Travel office.
You have approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes of free time for lunch (not included) between both parts of the excursion. Check in back again at our office in central Barcelona 15 minutes before the starting time of the afternoon activity. Meet your guide and come aboard an air conditioned coach towards Sagrada Familia.
- Those of you who have chosen the Paella Menu, please note the Nuria Restaurant is located less than 5 minutes walking distance from the drop off point. Remember you have 1 hour and 15 minutes to have lunch before check in back again at our office in Balmes Street number 5 before the starting time of the afternoon activity.
Enjoy a panoramic tour of the exterior of the Sagrada Familia. Marvel at the extensive symbolism of its façade details. Board your bus back again for a short trip to the Park Güell, located in the upper part of the city. Enjoy a guided tour of the Park with your local guide and discover why it is one of the most emblematic works by Gaudí. Wonder at the magnificent skills of Gaudí and its organic style, displayed all over the park. Did you know the Park is a World Heritage Site by UNESCO?
Follow your guide and board the coach again for a short trip to Passeig de Gràcia, the most important street in the city. Stroll down the same admiring the many modernist buildings, learn about their history and significance. Stop in front of La Pedrera and at Casa Batlló, marvel at Gaudí’s abilities and enjoy the explanations of your guide.
- Note for Morning Tour:
- From the end of January to the beginning of March (dates to be confirmed) the cable car doesn't work due to maintenance tasks, this service will be replaced by an appetizer at the Montjuïc Castle.
- The stop at Olympic Stadium will be performed whenever there is any event that prevents access to the stadium.
- Note for Afternoon Tour:
- From 01st April to 31st October the second part of the tour starts at 03.30PM, check in time at Julià Travel Office Balmes 5, at 03:15PM.
- From 01st November to 25st March the second part of the tour starts at 02:30PM, Check in at 02:15PM at Julià Travel Office, Balmes n. 5.